We are looking for a trainee on a contract basis for a period of 5 to 6 months.
Within the Geophysics team, he/she will participate alongside our engineers in study projects in the field of pyrotechnic diagnostics.
Pyrotechnic diagnosis is based on sub-surface geophysical surveys (magnetometry, georadar, side-scan sonar, sediment sounder, multibeam bathymetry) in order to detect, locate and characterize objects buried in the ground, mainly metallic, likely to correspond to unexploded ordnance (UXO). One of the major challenges of pyrotechnic geophysics is the discrimination of inert objects from potentially dangerous objects that may be similar to munitions or remnants of war.
The trainee will work on the different stages of pyrotechnic diagnostic projects, such as :
- Field investigations (magnetometric surveys, radar surveys or marine geophysical surveys);
- Analysis, processing and interpretation of geophysical data;
- Mapping, presentation of results;
- Production of technical sheets on the implementation of detection equipment and methods;
- Realization of a synthesis of feedback integrating geophysical signatures from pyrotechnic diagnostics with the targets actually uncovered during clean-up operations.
- Preparation of an Engineering School diploma or University Master’s degree specialising in subsurface geophysics or polluted sites and soils (BAC +4 or +5);
- Mastery of office automation tools (Excel, word);
- First experience in sub-surface geophysical surveys on land or at sea and in data processing;
- Knowledge of business software (OASIS Montaj, Magneto, Magmap, GredHD, Hypack, Kogeo, etc…) and/or GIS (ARCGIS or QGIS) is an additional asset;
- Ability to write reports and present results;
- Sense of organization, rigor and method;
- French speaking and mastery of the English expression of the scientific language in the field of geophysics;
- Travel and field work may be required. A driving licence is required.
This is a full-time position for a graduation internship.
Please send your application (cover letter + CV) to: email@example.com specifying the reference of the advertisement: GEOPHY internship